I obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at the University of Washington, and a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology and City University of Seattle. I have six years of experience working in the mental health field providing clinical services to Adults, Couples, Adolescents, and Families. My areas of focus include: Anxiety, depression, relationship and communication issues, adolescent mental health, emotional regulation, trauma work, grief and loss processing, sexual identity conflicts, and navigating life transitions.
My approach to therapy is based on a collaborative relationship that offers safety, support, insight, self-discovery, and empowerment. Through connection and understanding I strive to foster a therapeutic relationship that promotes trust, acceptance, and growth so that you are able to meet your goals. Through our partnership we will work towards finding a balance in your life, developing a deeper sense-of-self, and unlocking your potential in an effort to embrace the possibilities that life holds.
My theoretical orientation is based in psychodynamic theory, attachment theory and internal family systems. I believe the healing process comes from insight and finding meaning in one’s life, which for many means making changes that make sense for you. Frequently I incorporate therapeutic interventions from other therapy models, based on individual needs, which include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness practices, Solution-Focused Therapy, Strength Based Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Trauma-Focused CBT, and Emotionally Focused Therapy.
- I am a licensed Washington State Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- I am a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- I am a Clinically Certified Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
- I am a certified King County Mental Health Professional (MHP)
- I am a member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- I am a member of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- I am a member of the Washington Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)